Pages

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Hurricane Irene

Move-in day was supposed to be today but Irene came and everything was delayed. I can even see the sun now despite the winds.

I ended up having an argument with both my parents.
1. How I loathed the fact that my father bought properties in Florida for over $40k.
2. How he sometimes came home past 11 o'clock.
3. How I hated whenever they were both drunk.

In my eyes, this can either go two ways.
1. I can ignore it and not give a shit about them, especially when I move out to L.A, and I'll never see them again.
2. I can tell them that it's not cool. And then what, what do they do. Will they change? Bullshit. I'm a moron. Why can't people tell you when they're being morons.

But you want to know something, I'm 100% fed up. I'm sick of their parenting style, 999% weak, anal, and hurtful. I'm fed up with how they don't speak an ounce of English and need me to translate their sh*t for them. I'm done.

I come from shit parents and I"m a pretty shitty person.
I need to accept the fact that my parents are shitty and thus I was raised as a pretty shitty person.
It's time to get over it and work on it to make sure that I'm a better person than them.
Respect and intelligence.
My parents are the equivalents of all the college kids that blaze and drink themselves stupid.
I want to be the kid that doesn't need to poison herself to find the miserable company of her "friends" worthwhile. I don't need to be drunk to have fun.

What if I get to Stony Brook and be lonely?
I think I need to realize it now. We are all alone. No one's going to stick out their neck for you as much as you would do for yourself. So stop kidding yourself. We come into this world alone and we leave this world alone. And eventually, I'll find those few people that will truly be friends. But until then, just make do with what you've got. If you're going to be nice, don't let anyone take advantage of you. And always be respectful or everything: property, conversations, feelings, character, etc.

If it doesn't affect you then it's not of much importance.

No comments:

Post a Comment