Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

Goodbye Semester

So finals has been nonexistent for me since I took a medical withdrawal this semester. I'm not too happy about it but my decision has been made.

Unfortunately, now, I'm just incredibly, ridiculously, agonizingly bored.


I'm not watching any films because I want to devote my full attention to them, plus my 50" TV is a plasma and in the living room, so I prefer to only watch stuff on it at night, because sunlight reflects on the screen and ruins it in daylight hours. I usually end up being an insomniac and thus watch most of my movies at this time but I consider it a bad time to watch something prestigious because I won't be able to give it my best thinking potential, and thus settle for absolutely stupid things. E.g: I ended up watching a documentary about a colossal squid. I didn't know anything about colossal squids so it was okay, but the documentary was absolutely atrocious.

I've also only been listening to Bob Dylan. That is probably not a good sign. 

Not that Bob Dylan's bad or anything, I love Bob Dylan. It's just that I tend to listen to him when I'm sort of really dreary. Can't really blame me though, blame the weather man. It's supposed to be raining all week, I mean seriously?

Since I came home on Saturday night, did nothing on Sunday, and that it's now Monday and the 16th of May, it is time to finalize the agenda for the summer.

I realized that I'm in serious need of a hobby, so for a hobby I'm going to go with reading, movies, filmmaking, and photography.

I'm going to stick with the at least one a movie a day thing, which makes a countdown of exactly 123 movies.


Apparently it's a "The Top 250 Best Movies of All Time Map". That is most definitely going to be printed out and used as a checklist. Hahaha. 

I'm going to follow a strict daily routine, lose some weight, and build some muscle.

Here's the list.
The 2011 Summer Agenda:
  1. Developing hobbies - Reading, Movies, Filmmaking, and Photography
  2. Taking at least 123 acceptable photographs. 
  3. Watching 123 movies before August 29, 2011. 
  4. Writing at least 2 film analyses a week, with a minimum of 3 scenes, themes, or other subjects of analysis and a 500 minimum word requirement.
  5. Following a strict daily schedule.
  6. Losing 15 pounds over the summer.
  7. Having enough finesse to join the FBI or the army. 
  8. Reading at least 5 books over the summer:
    1. Film Theory and Criticism, Braudy and Cohen, 7th ed.
  9. Working at the family store for at least 30 days. 
  10. Developing a stable mental and emotional mindset. 
Seems like I've finished my agenda. Swagger for sure!


I should probably reorder the bullet points according to priority. I also want a couple of Blurays, but mostly Inception (2010) and maybe Sherlock (2010).

I also need to work out the strict daily schedule. And then I'll graphic design them into something presentable. I also want to assist in some filmmaking in the city for at least 3 days, so I'll have to check Craigslist with I guess my handy-dandy resume at my side. Then I'll need to have the list of 123 films I'm going to be undertaking over the summer. I also have to clean the house, find/buy some batteries, and fix all the clocks in my house because all the clocks have been wrong for at least a month now. Yeah, pretty bad.

Putting that into another list means..
Things To Do:
  1. Write up daily schedule for every day of the week.
  2. Reorder summer agenda in terms of priority.
  3. Graphic design daily schedule and print out.
  4. Graphic design reordered summer agenda and print out.
  5. Find a filmmaking gig and participate for at least 3 days whether assistant producer or whatever.
  6. Write up the list of 123 films to see.
  7. Clean the house.
  8. Find/buy some batteries.
  9. Fix the clocks.
Doesn't that sound fun?

Writing this blog post was also a total pain in the bum. I'm definitely not used to Blogger and its obnoxious HTML code and all compared to Wordpress. Oh Wordpress, how I miss you so! 

At least I'm not on Tumblr though. Phew. 

No comments:

Post a Comment